Friday 16 February 2018

VMware vCenter vCSA Installation stuck at 80% Installing RPM

Installing vCenter 6-5 using the vCSA has been causing me a few issues, running through the GUI installation it kept getting stuck at 80% - installing RPM.




Doing a little googling this seems to happen semi-regularly when there is an issue with the installation.

My issue seemed to be that I was trying to install the vCenter vCSA on an ESXi which was version 5.5. Once I'd upgraded to 6.5 it seemed to install just fine.

If you are getting the same error it's worth checking the compatibility information:


The only other thing which I want to mention in case there is any connection, I also changed the 'system name' field to a FQDN, where previously I used an IP address.

For a link to an easy installation step-by-step for vCSA 6-5 see the below link:

honerable mention:

No comments:

Post a Comment