Tuesday 10 July 2012

Home Network Update - New Items

So I've sourced a few items from the wonderful place which is eBay and I've got a few ideas for them:
Cisco2811-SEC/K9 - Cisco 2811 router with security licence
AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9 - Cisco 1131 autonomous access point

The 2811 was at a price I couldn't refuse, so I'm not 100% sure what to do with it yet, but I'll have a think and implement it somehow. I'm umming and ahhing about converting it to run CCME? That would be a really interesting little project, I've got a couple of phones lying around, so I'd only need PVDMs, CCME software, and licenses.

The access point is an easy one, it'll extend the wireless network, hopefully giving me decent signal throughout the house, but it'll be interesting to see exactly how this works without a controller...

Next purchases will likely be a small switch of some kind, 2960C maybe, because I'm rapidly running out of ports. I also want an ASA5505 because I'm starting to worry I can't achieve what I wanted to with my little 877W and it's IOS SSL WebVPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment