Monday 29 October 2012

CCNA Security Buzzwords

So I've made a slight detour on the CCNA Wireless, it's been replaced by the CCNA Security, and my aim is before the end of the year!

Here's some buzzwords which I feel like I'll have to know and be able to explain should the needs arise. I'm not going to explain them here because it forces me to remember what each means (rather than just reading it) hopefully fixing them in my brain:

Asset
Vulnerability
Threat - Latent, Realised, Threat Vector / Agent
Risk
Countermeasure - Administrative, Physical, Logical

Classifications:
Governmental - Unclassified, SBU (sensitive but unclassified), Confidential, Secret, Top Secret
Public Sector - Public, Sensitive, Private, Confidential
Criteria - Value, age, replacement cost, usefulness lifetime
Roles - Owner, Custodian (implementation), User

Attack Methods:
Covert Channel
Trust Exploitation
Password Attacks
Botnet
DoS / DDoS

Secure Network Architecture Guidelines:
Rule of least privilege
Defence in Depth
Separation of Duties
Auditing


The 5 stages of the Secure Network Lifecycle are:
Initiation
Acquisition and Development
Implementation
Operations and Maintenance
Disposition

Methods to determine the financial impact:
Qualitative
Quantitative


That'll do for now although I may well add more as time goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment