Friday 28 March 2014

Juniper EX4550 Switches Airflow Confusion

So this is a quick note to clear up some confusion I had regarding the airflow on Juniper EX4550 switches.

The airflow on these switches is either front-to-back or back-to-front however this is not immediately apparent from the datasheet, and this is always my quick go-to place for information. I think this is mainly my fault for not reading this properly but it is also written in a confusing way.

The datasheet states:
"port side to PSU side airflow" which if you are reading this quickly looks suspiciously like "side-to-side"

To be sure I've had this checked with Juniper, and it is verified in the tech doc below, but the airflow is definitely front-to-back, back-to-front PSUs are also available.

References
EX4550 PSU Tech Doc:

EX4550 Datasheet:

No comments:

Post a Comment